Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Catalogue...

Thank you for your patience and understanding –the good news is that I no longer have a sinus infection…and even better, that my productivity has improved substantially ;-)

I have been busy getting my new patterns ready for the printer, and I am pleased to announce that I picked them up on Friday and they are all stapled, folded and ready to go. I spent the rest of the weekend measuring, cutting, serging and drawing 24 patterns and creating a new brochure



Please send me an e-mail if you would like pricing information and/or a jpeg file (about 1MB) with the complete catalogue.

Other good news is that I upgraded my hotmail account yesterday so that I can now work off-line to reply to e-mails. This will (hopefully) help me to be a better correspondent, since I can compose all of my replies and then just go on-line to send and receive. Because I do not have internet access at home, I was only able to manage my e-mail while I was connected at work or the local WIFI café. I spent a couple of hours sifting through my inbox last night and replying to 20+ messages. We’ll see how it goes…but it looks good for now…

I received my new issue of Selvedge magazine last week. I was introduced to this unique British fibre arts magazine by Mary Anne Wise last year at Hooked in the Mountains….but I didn’t see it again until late last Fall when I went to Rochester. I quickly handed over my $20 before I could second-guess my purchase – and it was totally worth it. Unable to find a place that stocks it here (although I have recently discovered that it is available at the Textile Museum in Toronto), and unwilling to pay 70 British pounds for a subscription, I sent them an e-mail to find out where I could buy it in Ontario. A few hours later, I received an e-mail back and was offered the opportunity to pay just $85 US for a year (6 issues) – a considerable savings! Merry Christmas to me! If you are looking for a Valentine’s Day present, treat yourself ;-) I just love this magazine and can't say enough good things about it!

I am finally starting to feel ready for the Upper Toronto Branch Hook-In on February 3rd. If you are in the area, please come – it sounds like it will be a fun day. I will be speaking on purses and also bringing some of my wares.