Thursday, March 15, 2007

a real gem in Ottawa!

I had to go to Ottawa this week for work, so I invited my mum to come along for the ride and promised shopping and sushi. AB (my Auntie Betty), recommended we go here. What a great store! I didn't see very many things that I didn't like....gorgeous fabrics, fine threads, books galore, miniature punch patterns and supplies, and even a little bit of rug hooking wool. I defy you to browse without buying ;-)

I picked up a few more batik fat quarters for purse linings, as well as some gorgeous Sulky blendable threads for top-stitching purse trim. Believe it or not, I demonstrated considerable self control by limiting my fat quarters to four and my spools of thread to just six -- but aren't they lovely?!


They also stock weaver's cloth for miniature punch backing. I'd only ever seen it in white before, but they also carry black and a nice taupe colour. I picked up a couple of metres of taupe and one of black. I am going to experiment and see if I can make a runner of sorts, only hooking portions of the cloth and leaving the background plain. I don't know when it will happen, but at least I have the cloth! ;-)