Tuesday, October 30, 2007

back on track

I hooked some more squares last night. Strangely enough, the more I get done, the more difficult it seems to choose the colours. I'm using in excess of 75 different wools, but for some reason there seemed to only be about 10 last night. Funny, eh? I'm hoping that it will be easier tonight... (and I again apologize for the lack of pictures)

In other news, I finally got around to booking the hotel (motel, really) for Shelburne. I can't believe that in just over two weeks time I'll be blissed out in the middle of the round red barn at Hooked in the Mountains, surrounded by hundreds of hooked rugs.

I've already had a long talk with myself about the upcoming trip to Dorr. I know that the exchange rate is going to be complicating the issue, but I really need to be realistic about my wool needs. I was looking for wool a couple of weeks ago and was struck by the sheer volume I have squirreled away in my closet. As a result, I vow to only buy wool that is exceptional. Not just good. Not just pretty. Not just soft. Not just a really good deal that is (almost) too hard to pass up. Exceptional. Only.

Please note that such fierce restrictions apply only to wool yardage...not to any other hooking materials. I will still be making my pilgrimage to Knitter's Laine (although I will make every attempt to exercise restraint).