Monday, October 01, 2007

progress

Hooking has been pushed aside in favour of the next issue of the R.U.G. sack. I usually finish up an issue 3 weeks after the meeting takes place - but 3 weeks from Saturday's R.U.G. would be when I am getting back from Nova Scotia, so that won't work. I really want to get it out in the mail before I leave, which means that I need to take it to the printer next Tuesday (so I can pick it up on Thursday and proceed to fold and stuff and seal and stamp all evening long). Yup, that's just 10 days after the meeting, with Thanksgiving weekend thrown in, too. So, as I said at the beginning, there hasn't been much hooking happening.

Don't think that I don't already have my next project picked out though. I need something fairly simple to bring with me to Deanne's symposium. It also needs to be small, since I'll be schlepping everything with me on the plane and I will only have my small, small Turtle Creek frame. I have decided on a red and green themed geometric runner. So there will be lots of speedy, straight-on-the-grain hooking! I can hardly wait to get started ;-)

R.U.G. on Saturday was another great gathering of rug hookers. I always love going to this event and spending time with such a creative and enthusiastic bunch of ladies (and a couple of token males). My only regret is that we don't get together more often or for longer. Since I don't really belong to a group or regularly hook together with anyone, this is my chance to check in with many of my rug hooking friends. Even though I never really have enough time to say everything to everyone I want to tell and talk with, there is always a bustling energy that is exciting for me. Until I go home and crash from exhaustion, of course!

I was so overwhelmed by the variety in the Mini Ramona pieces the Grey Highlands Guild brought to share. It is so amazing that there is such a range in colours and styles - it is sometimes difficult to see that it is the same pattern underneath it all. If you subscribe to the newsletter, you'll be happy to know that the coloured cover will be "covered" front and back with all of these beauties.