Friday, January 18, 2008

how many Bell technicians does it take to hook up highspeed?

I don't know. I wish I knew, because that might mean that highspeed was (finally!) working at my place - but it's not! After about a dozen phone calls and countless hours of being on hold, talking to people, installing filters, trying this and trying that, waiting for a new modem to arrive, making appointments and waiting for a technician to show up...we were told that we are out of the service range. It's been over 3 weeks since we were first told a technician would come if we didn't have service in the next 72 hours. Still no technician has ever come to check out the problem in person. I just don't understand how they could have sent a modem in the first place if highspeed was not available to us. I don't know why it took a dozen phone calls to Bell to find this out - does that mean that only 1 person in 12 has a clue? Or does it mean that single person was wrong? Either way, on Monday we will have had a modem for a whole month - and not even a flicker of service during this whole time. How annoying!

In other news, I have been working on my horse again - and I even have some parts that I've only hooked once! I promise pictures for "Mare Monday" Have a great weekend everyone!