Thursday, May 08, 2008

guess where I'm going in November?


Hooked in the Mountains at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont! ...and I'm taking a class with Heather Richie on 3-D Flowers. I can hardly wait for Fall....

If you've never been to see the rug show at the Round Barn in Shelburne, I can't say enough about it. Every rug hooker should go at least once - but know that it can be habit-forming very quickly. I think the first time that I went was in 2001 (the year that Patty Yoder's Alphabet of Sheep rugs were featured) ....and I haven't missed a show since. Some years I've taken classes (once I even took two...but I wouldn't do that again - I still haven't finished the rug I started in the first class!), other times I've just gone to see the show and sometimes the opening reception. Every year there are hundreds of rugs, artfully arranged....and many vendors selling lovely wares. I defy you to leave empty handed - it's just not possible! ;-)

Regardless of how long the trip has been, I've always made time for a visit to the Dorr Mill Store in Guild, New Hampshire. It's only about a two hour drive from Burlington....just in case you needed another reason to make the drive to Hooked in the Mountains.