Wednesday, May 28, 2008

an observation....

Years ago, while driving with AJ and admiring the beginnings of Spring, she told me that my grandma (the first rug hooker I knew), used to say that "Spring is like Fall, but in reverse". Ever since then, I have been noticing more and more that Spring is not just about the greening of the trees, the grass and the plants...there are a lot more colours to be seen. Many of the trees are rich, rusty reds and beautiful, burnt oranges. There are also some golden greens mixed in, too. There definitely isn't the same in-your-face, impossible-to-ignore colour of Fall, but once you start looking, a variety of colours is definitely everywhere in the Spring.

I took some pictures on the way home the other night...I won't be winning any awards for my photography - but you can see the evidence, at least ;-) (NOTE: for some reason this photo isn't as bright as it is in iPhoto...so it's not quite true-to-life - sorry!)


It might be a little too late for you to take full advantage this year....but once you start looking for the colours every April and May, you'll agree that Spring is like Fall, just in reverse.

And just because they're so cute, here are a few of the calves from the farm (where I live)....