Friday, June 20, 2008

new beginning - part II

Sometimes plans just don't work out...and when I got home from work after 7 on Wednesday night, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to continue drawing my pattern. Rather than just get frustrated - I knew that I wouldn't be happy with anything I created that night - I watched a movie instead.

Last night was much more productive. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I work best with a deadline.

The following picture shows my computer-generated outline (mentioned in the last post, followed by the first drawing, and then a slightly different second drawing.


You will notice that even in the final drawing, on the linen, that I made a few changes to the bottom right-hand corner. I am the kind of hooker that doesn't really like a lot of confusing lines - where it's difficult to keep track of which are the right lines. Instead, I'll wait until I get around to hooking in that area and draw the shapes I feel like having then. Especially since this is a new style of hooking for me, I know that what I think I want won't necessarily be what I really want when I get around to hooking there...


Once the pattern was drawn...it was time for the true fun to begin. Since I'm going to pulling the loops this weekend at Wendie's, I really had to consciously choose some colours I was confident would be exactly what I need. I won't be coming all the way home just to choose another piece or two from the wool wall! Here's what I came up with...


I was feeling so excited and inspired to get started, I (briefly) contemplated calling in sick to work today - just so I could get started working on it! Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I'm still feeling as excited when the time comes to pull my first few loops...
Back Monday with the results.