Monday, June 23, 2008

what a time!

It was a fabulous time at Wendie's cottage. We hooked, we ate, we talked, we swam, we rode in the boat, we ate, we hooked....and we even found a little time to sleep, too! It was a perfect weekend...and I'd love to gush for longer about just how great it was, but it's another Manic Monday at work, and time does not permit. So I'll have to make do with a few photos....and if you want to see more and hear more, go and check out Wendie's blog.

This is how you know that 3 rug hookers are all staying at the same place...


...and what a beautiful place it was...


...and we even had a mascot - meet Morris...


I've discovered that not only am I consistently inconsistent when blogging and keeping in touch with friends, I'm also a sporadic photographer. For some silly reason, I don't seem to have any pictures of Wendie's or Elaine's new pieces (we all started a new project in honour of the weekend)....but thankfully Wendie does ;-) One of the neat things about such a gathering is that we can all be working on completely different projects - and we were - and we all get to hook vicariously through one another, feeling as though we are a part of the process...

Here's a picture of my hooking at the end of Saturday...


and again, before I left on Sunday afternoon...


Once I got home (and had access to the wall of wool), I started replacing some wool, especially the 4 cut outlining. Here it is before I went to bed last night...