Friday, October 24, 2008

Bell Museum

Later on Sunday afternoon, we decided to check out the Bell Museum in Baddeck. We had heard many wonderful things about the museum, but I will admit that the Highland Village was a tough act to follow.

Both Mum and I were disappointed. Although it was interesting to find out more about all of AGB's many experiments, I went with a goal in mind: I wanted to discover more about the invention of telephone. The museum seemed to focus on everything else but the telephone. Apparently one of the first phone lines in Brantford ran between my great-grandfather's pharmacy (Tapscott's) and the local hospital...and I was really hoping to get a bit more information about it.

There was another Brantford connection, though. I discovered this rug and accompanying note inside the auditorium...