Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Oh no....

So I'm busy getting ready to leave (on our trip tomorrow)...scurrying around trying to finish packing and cross the last few remaining jobs off of my list: charging camera batteries...choosing a book for the train... cleaning out my purse...taking the RUG photos from Saturday off the camera...doing a backup of my laptop...etc, when all-of-a-sudden my computer crashes. When I restart there's a flashing question mark, which is not a good sign. I tried a couple of things I know...but nothing works like it should. To make matters worse, my harddrive appears to have vanished...

I will be taking it in first thing in the morning to get repaired and hopefully see if the data can be retreived (remember, I had just fininshed uploading all of the R.U.G. photos - 135, to be exact - and I was in the middle of doing my back-up?)....but in the meantime, does anyone know anything about the possibility of retreiving erased photos off of an SD card?

In the meantime, I'll be sitting here with my fingers (and maybe even my toes) crossed....