Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am here...where are you?

So I have a confession to make. For the last week or so, I've been spying on you. Not peeping in your windows or anything creepy like that...just keeping tabs on visitors to my blog. Don't worry, it doesn't tell me "who" you are - in fact the most detail I can find out is what city you're in when you're reading - but it does give me an idea of how many people are visiting and general information such as where you come from and how you get here (from someone else's link, Google, going direct, etc.)


This map represents where readers over the last 10 days have come from. I suspect there are a few misfires in there - but I guess it's possible that there are rug hookers in Estonia, Argentina and Poland (and if you're legit readers...please say "hello" and introduce yourselves). What amazes me is the geographical spread and the fact that, in the last 10 days, there have been 167 different visitors who have visited a total of 483 times. Now I know that I have a very supportive family, but there aren't that many of them reading! So I'd like to thank all of you who are not my relatives (which means most of you!) for stopping by to read my blather. It's very encouraging ;-)

If you have a blog of your own and you'd like to start tracking your own stats...you should start today, since it's not possible (as far as I know) to go back in time. I'm using Google Analytics...and I found it to be very easy to set up and it's pretty simple to use, too. The only thing that I wish is that I'd set it up ages ago...

P.S. I'm very happy to report that for the first time in 11 days, I didn't have to brush snow or scrap crusty ice off my car. Not even once today. This makes me happy.