Thursday, March 05, 2009

M.P. by O.P. (Diane's Leaving Home)

I always love receiving pictures of people's finished purses - it's great to see so many variations. Diane Stout sent in these pictures today...


I made the "Leaving Home" purse, but instead of using wool fabric, I used chunky wool yarn in bright colors. The flowers are red, yellow, orange, purple, hot pink, bright blue, and white; the leaves are lime green; and the background is dark charcoal. I used black plastic pre-made handles.

I just have to tell you that wherever I go, complete strangers stop me and ask about my purse! When I'm out and about, I can count on at least three people complimenting me on it. As a matter of fact, I just got back from the store, and when I started up my car, the lady who got out of her car next to mine pointed out my purse through the window, and mouthed, "I love your purse!".


Diane: I'm not surprised at all of the attention - your purse looks fabulous! The black background really sets off the flowers. ;-)