Wednesday, April 08, 2009

5 totes full


This is the scene at the dining room table last night. My camera battery only had enough juice for one photo....so the rest of the photos are from the end of the process.


Green bins are for more than just food! All told, there were five bins FULL of wool - some were even over-flowing...




I think these little "Bundles of Joy" are perfect for hooking purses. The subtleties and variety that sometimes go unnoticed in a rug are key in a purse - since you are almost always seeing it (and admiring it ;-) ) from very close.

I also dyed bundles with wider strips for backgrounds and some larger pieces for purse trim. The inspiration for many of these colours came right from the Grayson e. handles...

I wasn't sure about these golden orangey, toffee colours I dyed to match the Buckskin handles....but laughed out loud when I set them on the counter- right beside my new notebook that's the exact same colours ;-)


I also dyed some wool for more stocking kits....but didn't trust my recipes, so a little tweaking is needed. Just another example of why I don't use recipes - you just can't trust them! ;-)


Off to pick up my parcels from the post office before it closes. I suspect more handles are here....