Tuesday, April 14, 2009

printed, at last!

The last few days passed by in a blur...and though I thought more than once over the weekend that there was no way I was ever going to finish writing and editing my instructions in time, I did it! After some frantic printer problems at the eleventh hour last night (okay, maybe just the 9th hour ;-) ), I dropped them off at the printers first thing this morning and they were ready before lunchtime.


I've been busy drawing the accompanying patterns onto rug warp...and am developing a little bit of a stockpile. I still have a few more that I want to get done, and hope to knock them off when I get home from work tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm trying to pull together an updated pattern brochure....and hope to have it ready in the next couple of days. If you'd like me to e-mail you a copy of my new brochure, please let me know by sending a quick note to fisheyerugs AT hotmail DOT com

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Drawing so many patterns over the last week or so has really make me thankful for my lightbox. My Dad made it for me a few years ago for Christmas...using cherry cut on their property.



Depending on the size of the piece to be transferred, I can choose how many lights I want to have on. Usually it's either two or three....


...and there's a nice wide lip all the way around that makes it easy to haul around (which is especially great since I live in a small place and it can't live permanently on top of my dining room table!)


In case you're curious...the dimensions of the top are 30" square, plexi-glass is 24" square, height is 9".