Monday, April 20, 2009

spring sorting

At this time of year, it's common to do a bit of tidying and cleaning. I spent much of the day yesterday doing just that and I finally saw the bottom of my "basket". Do you have one of those? A place when you place important papers and other interesting things while waiting to be filed, paid, or otherwise dealt with.... Sometimes it gets so full that I have to start a second one - but I never let it get so bad as to need a third! ;-)

Near the bottom of my basket, I found a pile of clippings that were all ready to be added to one of my journals. These journals began as homework for a class I took with Mary Anne Wise a couple of years ago. I found them to be such a useful source of inspiration, that I've kept the practice up since.




After I'd pasted all of the clippings from the basket into my books, I wanted to keep on going....and this was a perfect time to tackle my magazine mountain. I love magazines and although I really try to limit buying them (such a waste of paper!)....I can't seem to resist. Although I keep Rug Hooking and Selvedge, I don't usually hang onto too many others. Instead, I rip out any articles of interest, great sounding recipes, and inspiring pictures. I'm more than half-way through my magazines, and I have quite a pile of new images waiting to be pasted inside my books...