Monday, April 27, 2009

weekend recap and a surprise find

The springlike weather I was anticipating this weekend didn't end up arriving until today. Luckily, I had a few blooms indoors to help me pretend over the weekend....


And the poor weather meant for a little bit of hibernating inside and working on getting ready. "Getting ready" is starting to seem like a never-ending activity around here. Everytime I start feeling like I'm almost at the end, I remember other things that need to be added to the list or encounter some sort of obstacle. With some other everyday life commitments (work, family, etc.) taking place between now and the Annual, I am trying to be ready well ahead of schedule....just in case I get any rude surprises.

I keep reminding myself that any progress is good... And there continues to be progress, which is even better! ;-)

++++++++++

I have a couple of sets of keys. I don't like to keep everything on the same ring - not only because it would be too bulky and heavy...but because if ever I lost it, I would be completely screwed. One of my keychains holds my work keys, amongst others that I don't use daily. Because I don't use them every day, it sometimes gets misplaced. The lack of a fob wasn't really helping.

In the process of looking for something to attach to the ring on the weekend, I happened upon the pendant that Wendie gave me last Fall. Perfect!


Now some of you might think that this is an insulting use for this gift....but I don't see it that way at all. I will be able to see and treasure it all of the time - much more often than if it continued its life as a pendant.

Sometimes we treasure things so much that we never really use and appreciate them. Saving things for "good" just means they're destined to be another dust collector... What things do you have hanging around that can be re-purposed and put back into circulation?