Thursday, May 28, 2009

another use for rug tape

The car is packed, my clothes are packed, and all that's left to be done are my toenails! Earlier this week I realized that in all of my preparations for this weekend, I'd forgotten something as important as a sign.

It's always been my idea to hook my logo (what could be more fitting?)....and I hope that I do get it done someday, but it always seems to get shoved aside for other projects. I also thought that I might be able to paint a sign (in a fraction of the time), but I just never felt like doing it. A quicker idea I had was to just get one made at my local print shop, but I didn't get around to doing this either. So what's a girl to do when your event is less than a week away -- and you've got plenty of other things that you need to be doing at the same time? Make a banner!

I knew that printing off the individual letters on card stock and making a banner of sorts would be an easy solution....but I needed something to string them all together. It didn't take too long for me to think of the rolls of rug tape I've got squirreled away...and once I actually got started, I'm sure that the whole thing (printing, trimming, sewing) took less than an hour!


I simply folded the tape in half and tucked the edge of the paper into the fold, before zig-zagging over top. Presto!




I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures this weekend, and I'll tell you all about it next week (when I'm really looking forward to getting back to me regular blogging ;-) ) ...