Saturday, May 09, 2009

still here

I've been in Toronto for the last few days, while my dad had surgery and is recovering afterwards. Everything went very well and we're expecting to bring him home tomorrow. While we have been spending a lot of time at the hospital, we've also had some extra time on our hands....and my sisters and mum and I have been having fun in the city. There have been many yummy meals out and a little shopping, too.

Yesterday we visited Anthropologie (which just opened a couple of weeks ago, in the new Shops at Don Mills). I've been admiring this store from afar for what seems like forever, but I'd never actually set foot inside a real store and had to content myself with catalouges, numerous blog mentions and their online shop. Needless to say, expectations were very high -- but I was not disappointed. [I also bought the most expensive t-shirt I've ever bought! ;-) ]

I hope to be back at rug hooking things this week, but in the meantime, here a couple of places you can visit to get inspired. I discovered these blogs a couple of weeks ago, and I've spent hours on them already, reading though the archives - and I'm not done yet.

Mimi Kirchner's blog, Doll

Geninne's Art Blog

Enjoy!