Sunday, May 17, 2009

zoom zoom!

The last week has sped by at the speed of light. I had all of the best intentions to post, but just lacked the time. Since I was short on time, I also had very little of interest to blog about. When I wasn't working (at my real job), I was recovering from the busy-ness of this time of year at work and from the five days I spent in the city with my Dad. [Thank you all for your emailed notes and inquiries....all is now well and the bad news we were expecting never came ;-)]

I'm really hoping for things to get back to normal around here, but I fear it might be another couple of weeks before it happens.

I have been doing a couple of simple hooking-related things in the last couple of days. I was out at Dollarama the other day, and found some more black storage bins. All of the cream coloured ones from my original installation have started disintegrating for some unknown reason. [It figures - the only reason I bought the cream-coloured ones in the first place was because they didn't have enough black ones....]


My stack of bins was imitating Pisa, and it was only a matter or time before disaster struck. I'd also quietly assembled quite a pile of clutter and other baskets in that area, so with a couple of extra bins and the help of a silver Sharpie.....it's a lot more pleasant to look in that direction.


I think one of the tricks with this storage method is to have full bins -- and over-flowing bins is even better (which is great news is you have lots of leftover cut strips).

For the rest of the weekend, I'll be busy putting the finishing touches on my preparation for the Annual....and keeping my fingers crossed that my surprise shipment arrives in time. If a few more days pass without a delivery notice, I might have to start crossing my toes, too!