Thursday, July 23, 2009

the inspiration....

I am always intrigued to see the source and inspiration for an individual's creative work. Whether it be the natural landscape that was the subject in a painting, the figure that was the basis for the sculpture, or the doodle that lead to the design of a rug.....I love to look at "A" and try to imagine how it resulted in "B". Sometimes the route is more obvious that others.....but I find them all interesting none-the-less.

Although I didn't get any hooking done last night (went out with friends instead)....I did remember to scan this page from one of my journals. [You can click on the picture to enlarge it big enough to read the brief article, if you're curious...]


I would love to own a mirror like this one - but in the meantime I'll be content with the purse design that it inspired.