Thursday, July 16, 2009

Skeleflora - day seven and day eight

Well, after much procrastination and delay, the hooking is finally complete! I did get a little bit hooked on Tuesday night - before I got fed up with my lack of significant progress...


Once again, I've been reminded about how much more hooking I can get done when I'm not trying to watch TV at the same time. Now that CBC Radio 2 Drive is on until 7pm on weekdays, I've been putting the radio on when I get home from work. (I'm so happy that Rich Terfry is back from holidays ;-) ) Tonight it made a huge difference.....and I was cruising right along, listening without the impulse to lift my head to see what they're talking about. Even with switching to TV later in the evening, I was able to finish off the second half (of the second half)....


I've decided to delay the sewing together until after I have my other purse hooked....so I can finish them at the same time (and be more efficient with sewing the linings, etc.). Plus, I really need to get started on my next purse, and I don't need any distractions. Ultimately I'd like to have the second one hooked by the end of the month....and although I think it's an attainable goal, I will have to boogie. I'll keep you posted as always....

I know my posts have been a little brief this week....but my theory that some is better than none (and I'm trying to avoid that...). Last night I took a night off from almost everything, lay about on the couch and then went to bed early. Sometimes I just need to do that....and then I'm good to go for a few months of my regular schedule (of getting more accomplished in the evenings). I hope it works again this time.... ;-)