Thursday, July 02, 2009

Skeleflora - day two

I hooked some more on my newest purse last night. I knew on day one that I didn't want to continue the tealy turquoise background across the whole bag, but I wasn't really sure what to do. (I'd already deviated from my original plan by hooking the turquoise in the way that I did).

I really love the coral/turquoise colour combination and scarlet/jade, too. Since I'm (mostly) working out of my bins of cut strips....and I don't use a lot of either coral or scarlet, I had to do a bit of a modification....and like our forebears, just made do with what I already have.

I'm happy with the way it's turning out, and I think it makes a more dramatic statement than some of my other bags. One funny thing about the summertime is that I tend to be drawn to stronger colours than usually appeal to me during the other 10 months of the year. Weird, eh?

Lately I've been noticing that my photography skills have a lot of room for improvement. Part of me - the part that wants a new camera - is convinced that it's my camera's fault....but deep down inside I know that most of it is caused my being hasty. I often find that I have to choose between being in focus and having accurate colours.....and my choice varies each day. I took a couple of pictures this morning - one was taken outside (overcast) and the other one was taken indoors. I think the colour in the indoor picture is more true...


Does anyone have an camera recommendations in the under $500 category? I need to be able to take close-ups of rugs, and I'm a big fan of Canon (but will consider others). Thanks in advance for any advice you'd care to share....