Monday, July 13, 2009

a room with a view


Whoosh! I can't believe how quickly the weekend went by....it seems like one minute I was frantically trying to get organized to leave on Friday, and a few minutes later, I was on my way home again - only it was Sunday!


Wendie and her husband, Rick, were perfect hosts. There was lots of chatting, laughing, knitting, reading, eating, relaxing, and sleeping....and a little bit of walking, sunning, boating, drinking. The only pictures I took were these ones, taken from the balcony outside "my room", the same morning I woke to the call of the loon. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make time for my first swim of the summer (this year is going to be one of the latest I can remember)...but the rest of the weekend was so great, it more than made up for this small omission.


One other thing that I didn't do was hook. Not a single loop was pulled, but that's just fine. We were far too busy doing everything else. I made some certain progress on my February Lady sweater....


and I'm pretty confident that I'll be wearing it this Fall - or maybe even this summer, if the cooler weather prevails!

For the curious, the yarn is Cascade 220 (100% Peruvian Highland Wool) in colour 7807 - a nice purple base colour, overdyed with the following recipe....


I'm really happy that I kept (and found) notes on my dyeing methods, colours, and quantities. It can only serve to help me when it comes times over-dye all of the skeins of green I bought a months or so ago to knit another sweater - but that's a post for another day....