Monday, August 03, 2009

making progress

Skeleflora

Bullseyes

It's been a pretty busy week – and there will be another busy one to come – but after that I'm hoping to take a bit of a breather....

The two new purses not only have names, they are also sewn together – the only thing that's missing is the linings! ;-) Since it's not noticeable in photographs, I figure that can wait for a little bit yet. I will be working on writing up the instructions this week...and I'm hoping to have patterns ready to ship sometime in the next two weeks. In the meantime, I do have a new catalogue ready to go, so please e-mail if you'd like me to email you a copy.

Other things that happened in the last week....

• I received my final shipment of Grayson e. leather handles last week. Yes, I'm afraid that my beloved handles have been discontinued. Not to worry though (I've done enough of that for all of us!), I am currently working with someone to create a suitable replacement....and will hopefully have some details and pictures to share with you soon.

• I broke my camera. I guess it didn't like crashing to the ground while still attached to my tripod, with the lens extended. Yikes. So, I did some research and finally decided on this one. I ordered it online yesterday (for a great price), and hopefully it will arrive this week.

• While searching in the closet for the perfect brown wool to trim my purse, I happened upon the previously mentioned box of fun and exciting items. I'd kind of forgotten about it, but now that I've rediscovered it, I can hardly wait to dive it. Must. Write. New. Pattern. Books. First.

• When sewing the leather handles onto Bullseyes and Skeleflora, I tried out the 18 guage syringe needle method, suggested by Jane....and it worked like a charm! My sewing needle was a little of the large side, so I just pushed it in until it started to stick and then pulled the syringe needle through to the front (along with the needle and thread. Super speedy and very simple. If you know any doctors or nurses, this is one tool you should add to your sewing basket....

Things will be quiet around here for a little while yet....but I will pop in when (if) I have anything exciting to report.....