Tuesday, August 25, 2009

more on the coin purse....

Today's post will be short and sweet - I'm feeling quite tired, plus I'm still suffering from an afternoon wasp sting. Ouch!

Thank you for all of the little change purse love. I think it was probably my fastest rug hooking project ever!

Many people had questions about how I put it together. I don't really want to divulge too much about it, since I wasn't really happy with it - and I know there is a (much) better way.

I can tell you that the metal snap frame is not sewn on - it's glued and then crimped for extra hold. Plus, it's mostly hand-sewn, except for the lining. Speaking of the lining, I used my standard go-to purse lining: batik quilting cotton...


I am eager to start playing around again and I can't wait to start on prototype #2. Before I do though, I need to come up with some creative solutions to resolve some of the problem areas I encountered on the first go around....