Monday, September 07, 2009

I can't believe I dyed this...


Yes, I've been having a little bit of a dye-in around here this weekend. I finally feel like the big box of slub is emptying a bit...and I'm certainly having a lot of fun playing around in the dye pots.

Dyeing this yarn definitely requires a different dyeing technique than I am used to - mostly because it takes longer to absord the dye, it's more difficult to imagine the finished shade and I have to have a bit more patience. I also find that it's hard to find the happy medium between stirring too much (and the colours blend into one) and not stirring enough (and there are noticeably light patches). Needless to say, I got lucky a few times and ended up with some gorgeous skeins. This one is my newest favourite...

My pictures doesn't really do the colours justice, but suffice is to say that if I were able to dye like this all of the time, I think I could quit my day job. Seriously. It's really beautiful.