Saturday, September 19, 2009

a preview

or "...just some of the 66 skeins dyed at my place today"
or "37 skeins still drying..."
or "I kept going - even after I knocked over a whole cup of dye...onto the floor, the counter, the wall, on cupboard doors, inside the cupboards...everywhere the eye could see"
or "I'm so glad my mum came over to help me today..."
or "one of the last great weekends of the year to dye yarn and dry it outside"
or "I think I'm getting the hang of this..."
or "I can finally see the bottom of my big box of slub...."


Regardless of how I say it, I am quite happy with the remains of the day. As the day went on - and I relaxed a bit - the dyeing got easier and the results more enjoyable. Dyeing wool is never boring (well, maybe a little when you're trying for really dark values.... ;-) ) and I'm really enjoying dyeing yarn in particular. I'm pretty certain that I'll be ordering another box of slub very soon.


I will be bringing slub - along with some other fun things - with me to R.U.G. on October 3rd. Hope to see you there!