Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the reveal....

After much discussing, evaluating, meeting and modifying....the first batch of my new handles arrived yesterday! Here is a sneak peek....


I decided to keep it simple to start, and made only wide handles (to replace the discontinued Urban) and buckle clasps (combine to replace the Perfect Pair). I was also able to have a small magnetic clasp mounted on matching leather for each of the Single Urbans to be sold without the larger buckle clasp (i.e. won't be included with the Perfect Pair, since it comes with the larger buckle clasp).


There will be a few different colours available: Black, brown (2 shades), red (2 shades), magenta, purple, and eggplant. I tweaked the following picture so that it's a more accurate colour representation of the colours currently available (I will post another picture when the remainder of my order arrives).


I will start working on designing a new brochure with details about the new handles (prices, dimensions, etc), once I return from Michigan on Sunday.

Aside about the Grayson e. handles....There is some talk of production resuming on the Grayson e handles....as Val hinted in a recent comment. I've spoken with the Canadian distributor and pending approval of samples made with a new leather, only the Long Rolled (I called these Long and Lean) and Short Rolled (shorter versions of the same) handles will be produced at first. There are no immediate plans to produce the Urban handles or buckle claps or either style of long straps.