Wednesday, October 28, 2009

lucky me!


Did you know there's a new magazine out? It's called Uppercase and it's billed as "a magazine for the creative and the curious," which I think means me! While not quite as expensive as Selvedge, it's up there....so I was a little hesitant to dive right in upon first hearing about the premiere issue, in the Spring.

I'd somewhat forgotten all about it until a couple of weeks ago, when I saw an ad on a blog. So when I was at Deanne's last week, I asked the room full of creative (and mostly curious) ladies if anyone was familiar with it. Deanne said that if you get one good idea, then it's worth the $20. I agreed with her. From the little bit I had read (all good, I might add), I was pretty sure that I would get at least one good idea - and likely many more.

I finally got around to subscribing on the weekend....and was thrilled to get an email yesterday informing me that I was their 800th subscriber. Is there anything better than winning a contest you didn't even know existed? I can't wait for my parcel to arrive.... so I can pour over the contents. In the meantime, I'll be sitting with my fingers crossed - hoping this is one of the times that Canada Post is super speedy.....