Thursday, November 05, 2009

Eye Candy - Kaleidoscope of Quilts



If you read Wendie's blog, you probably already know that she and I hung out yesterday in the city. It was great fun! We picnicked on sushi in my car, we touched some very old rugs at the Museum, we did show and tell in her hooking room, we sat on the couch and knit...and we talked, and talked, and tawked....

I'm slowly deciphering my notes and editing the rug photos, and will post about them soon. In the meantime, I wanted to share a few photos I took of the amazing quilts that are currently on exhibit....and to encourage anyone who loves colour and geometrics in particular to do whatever they can to go and see them.

The exhibit, Kaleidoscope: Antique Quilts from the collection of Carole and Howard Tanenbaum, closes on March 21st, 2010.





And these ones aren't even my most favourites! (I was busy looking for no photography signs and didn't get a chance to go back to the beginning again before our seminar, and afterwards the exhibit was closed. By the way, I did not see any signs or notations....nor did I use a flash. I hope it's okay I went ahead and took the pictures...).

The quilts are very awesome. Go. See. Them. ;-) I'm going to try to go back again before it closes...