Monday, December 28, 2009

Museum of Natural History


On Sunday we ventured out in the snow (almost a foot fell overnight - I guess we brought it with us?) to the American Museum of Natural History.


I love the dioramas...especially the African animals....




...and of course there are the famous dinosaurs....


I really enjoyed the selection and the display methods in the Biodiveristy hall (at least I think this is what it was called....) I would love to have a job arranging such things....





The area devoted to minerals was very interesting, too. This geode was probably about a foot in diameter (if my memory serves....)


A favourite was definitely the opals. So pretty - and so large!



Native North American exhibit....(quite dark rooms made flash-less photos a challenge)





(taken especially for AJ -- she made a hooked version of a Chilkat dancing blanket)

A very cool place.