Saturday, January 02, 2010

home again, home again


My holiday is quickly coming to an end, sadly. I wish I didn't have to go back to work - but of course I'd still want to get paid. Hmmm....I guess that is what retirement is for (and it sucks that at 36, it's still a long way off for me....)

It's been much more of a relaxing holiday time for me this year. I think it's mostly because I had some pretty simple goals for myself: rest, relax and have fun. I didn't start any new projects. In fact, I didn't do any crafting. Instead I played cards, I read books (4 since the flight home from NYC!), I went tubing, I went to see the Olympic Torch when it came to town, I had afternoon naps, I slept in, and I actually watched movies (without trying to knit or hook at the same time!) It was blissful.

My regular life resumes on Monday, so I'll be spending the next couple of days getting ready.....and hopefully I'll find time to start a new project, for the start of a new year. Happy new year everyone....and best wishes for lots of creative hooking and great dyeing in 2010. xxoo

P.S. I'm just amazed by the number of comments to my new year's giveaway. Wowza! I thank you all for taking the time to share your NYR with me....and for visiting and participating in the blogosphere with me all year long. There's still time to comment -- I'll wait and do the draw early next week... ;-)