Friday, January 08, 2010

My schedule for the next while....

It is always flattering to be asked to come and teach somewhere or to be invited as a guest speaker at a rug hooking event...and I wish that I were able to say "yes" every time. As many of you know, in addition to all of my rug hooking stuff, I also have a full time job (that requires more of my attention than I'd like). I've had a few years of some crazy-busy times of trying to juggle over-commitments, and several months of knowing that I had to make some changes...and fast!

My schedule for 2010, as far as rug hooking events goes, is pretty much set. I've added a few things to On the Road (over in the sidebar)....and I will add a few more once they are finalized.

The first event of the year is a gig as the Guest Speaker at the Georgetown Rug Hooking Guild's hook-in on Saturday January 16th. It's always fun to do something different and I'm looking forward to presenting a bit of a trunk show, First Ten, sharing projects from my first 10 years of rug hooking. I'll share the stories behind the projects.....and happily answer any questions you might have. I won't have everything I've ever made, but I will get my hands on most of it and bring it with me for the day -- including my very first rug.....


Hope to see you there!