Friday, January 15, 2010

snow unlikely


It's been a pretty busy week. In addition to all of the regular stuff and getting ready for the Hook-In on Saturday, I've been to three birthday parties since Saturday!

The preparations are going well, and I've gathered up almost all of the rugs and many of the other hooked items I've made so far....but I'm starting to regret not taking advantage of the light and fluffy snow we had a few weeks ago to clean some of my rugs. I've never tried sweeping any of my rugs - or any of my Grandma's either, for that matter - with fresh snow before. But, as I was sorting through the collection last night I couldn't help but notice that a couple are past due for a little freshening. With the thermometer already hovering around 0ÂșC this morning, I think it's unlikely that I'll be able to do much about it before I hit the road bright and early tomorrow. (and realistically I don't really want to have to worry about snow when I'm driving...)

I am going to try and remember to do it the next time it snows big fluffy flakes, though.....and I'll be sure to let you know how I make out. I'm interested to hear from anyone who's done it before.....particularly on whether or not you had problems drying them out afterwards (I imagine they'd be a little damp when they came back inside...? ) Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts....