Sunday, February 21, 2010

still not sure.....

I had another look at my runner when I got home last night. I still wasn't sure what to think.....so I started reading my book, instead. I read, and read, and read, and now the book is done (it's not coming out here until the summer, but my sister picked up two copies in Amsterdam last weekend, just so that we wouldn't have to wait too long for our turns. It's the third and final book in a great series if you like mystery/suspense/conspiracy/intrigue). After a busy time away - and with today being my only day off this week, it was great to have a real day off....laying about and reading.

But now that the book is done, and I've almost cleared out all of my e-mails that accumulated when I was gone.....I can't really procrastinate too much longer. I did a couple of mock-ups to show what the change in the orientation will do to my runner. Of course there is repetition of exact colours that won't happen with the hooked version....but it does give me a better idea. Here are the two possibilities....



The top one is the version I'd begun to wish I had started instead. The bottom one is what will happen if I continue working on my existing runner. I was surprised to discover that I like the second one (the actual).....which is great, since I've already done 30% of the work! I am going to continue plucking away on this one, but like many other hookers, I've already begun planning my next one in my head. I can't wait to get started on it -- but first I have to finish this one!