Wednesday, March 03, 2010

my new socks

One of life's simple pleasures is wearing handknit socks. It's even more of a pleasure when they are knit for you by kind, loving people....and since I haven't yet knit a single pair, the rather large
pile in my drawer is particularly special.

A new pair was added to the basket last week....


These beauties were knit by Wendie. They are my first pair from her - and also my first pair of toe-up socks. The yard was some HandMaiden sock yarn that I'd purchased last spring at Sheepstrings closing sale....and I gave a couple of balls to Wendie in the Fall when I accepted the fact that I was not going to start knitting socks any time soon. I didn't intending for one of the balls to be returned knit into a pair of socks, but I am thrilled all the same.
(crap picture courtesy of my iPhone - our internet is down at home. Again. Is there a consistently reliable internet provider? Now, that's a company who could do a booming business.....)