Tuesday, August 17, 2010

playing catch-up.....Christmas in July

Even though I took a bit of a break from rug hooking, I didn't really stop thinking about it -- or collecting stuff for it! ;-) Since I have a bit of a backlog, I am going to start sharing some of these items, beginning today.

A mysterious package arrived a couple of weeks ago from my friend Dorinda. It was unexpected – and even more curious, wrapped in Christmas paper! The notecard read "Christmas in July" and the carton was filled with lots of individually wrapped packages....


One, by one, each of the bundles was unwrapped to reveal these beautiful antique hooks....


Needless to say, I was speechless. For the longest time, my antique hook collection consisted of only 1 hook -- the hook that my great grandmother used, crafted from the tine of a barn fork. Then, a few months ago, I purchased several hooks at RUG. With the arrival of my "Christmas" present, my collection more than quadrupled! It was a very generous - and thoughtful - gift that I didn't know that I wanted, but that I am oh, so happy to receive. Thanks Dorinda -- I love them!