Monday, August 16, 2010

weeks 9 to 12: 20 square feet


Whoosh! I can't believe that it's been 3 weeks since my last update – the summer really is speeding by – I'm a little disappointed that I took such a long break. But the good news is that I've finally gotten back to my hooking frame. I hooked more yesterday than I did in the last month and a half combined. Suffice is to say that my shoulder is back to normal, and I'm looking forward to more regular hooking time in the coming weeks.

My plan is to finish this end of the centre (about 7 square feet - I added on about 6 additional inches) by Labour Day. It's an ambitious goal, but I still feel it's do-able. Then I think I am going to have to take a break while I prepare for the classes I am teaching this Fall. There's dyeing to do, coin purses and clutches to hook, patterns to create, pictures to scan and lesson plans to create. Once all of that work is done, I'll get back to work on the other half of this centre section....with the hope that I will be into the borders by the New Year.

I'm hopeful that these goals will help to keep me on track to finish. Goals are a necessary aspect of my regular process.....and even more essential with a project this overwhelmingly large. I'd better get to work....

P.S. Sorry for the crappy iPhone picture – I forgot my camera at work today....