Tuesday, November 09, 2010

christmas came early....

I'm home from a wonderful holiday in Vermont.....and while I do have lots to share from my week there -- and I will in the coming days -- I want to report on my new toy. It's a little more here and now, and demanding most of my excitement today.

I've wanted and needed a new sewing machine for a very long time. After working my way through several "antiques" over the last decade or so, I was finally ready to take the plunge -- and put down the dough for a new one. It arrived when I was away, and I was thrilled to run out and pick up my new baby at lunchtime today -- and very anxious to play with it when I got home tonight.

After a couple of minor glitches, I was in business....and in the process of discovery, I even managed to fully complete my first project already.....


My new machine comes with a couple hundred stitches....and basically does everything except for the dishes! (which was no problem tonight, since I was far too busy sewing to make supper ;-) ) I am eager to explore it some more.....and I just know that I will be using it for many, many years to come. It's truly going to make sewing a joy for me again -- just as soon as I manage to block out the cha-ching, cha-ching price tag......

P.S. In case you're curious, it's a Pfaff -- and currently on sale BTW.

P.P.S. The Gingher rotary cutter shown above is one of the souvenirs from my trip -- and I am already in love, after just a handful of cuts. Like butter.