Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 20: 38 square feet


Oh, soooo close. When I was getting ready to hook yesterday, I decided to just unroll and expose the remaining centre section....hoping it would be motivational. There are only 6.5 square feet left to go, and I'm feeling pretty confident that I can meet my self-imposed deadline of January 4th. To do so will mean some long days (and nights!) of hooking, but it will be worth it.

As I've been hooking for the last couple, I keep thinking about what to do about the borders.....and I am still very undecided. Some days I think that my initial idea might be the best, and other days I imagine all sorts of various alternatives -- both in pattern and in colours and in number of layers. I reckon this indecision will provide me with a good excuse to take a bit of a break (once the centre is finished, of course!) from hooking on Jumbo, while I play around with some other ideas that have been bouncing around in my head. A new year is a time for new beginnings, after all.