Thursday, January 20, 2011

casted on....and then some


I'm gearing up for what is usually a very crazy month for me at work (my tentative schedule has me away for a minimum of two nights each week for the next 6 weeks! Yikes, just typing it makes me long for my own bed)...and I always like to bring some small projects to help wile away the evenings sitting in my hotel room. Knitting is a logical choice for short trips, since it takes up so little space - and doesn't require a whole extra trip up to the room, like hauling my hooking stuff seems to require.

I've learned the hard way not to bring an unstarted project with me.....so I cast on the other night and now I can't seem to put it aside. This morning I noticed that I am already almost half-done, so I am now going have to force myself to set this aside until my travelling starts next week. Even though I have a long list of projects I have to be home to do....my mind is screaming knit.

Ages ago, I happened upon this pattern and instantly wanted to make one. I've been on the look-out for the proper wool (Crazy Zauberball) ever since. Who knew that it was right in my backyard all along? I was thrilled to discover it up in North Bay on the weekend at Stix and Stones, along with many other wonderful yarns. They have a great selection and I can truly say that I don't think you could make a bad pick there. I will definitely be going back for more.....and more....and more. Is there any such thing as too much wonderful yarn? I think not.