Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Trish Johnson's Rugs - part two

There are still lots more lovelies to come....

Most of these rugs are smaller mats....and they show a very eclectic variety of styles and colours -- and a number of different edge treatments.

During her talk, Trish said, "If you can't get what you want, sometimes it's good to like what you get...." Wise words. I can't remember which rug in particular she was referring to -- frankly I would be very happy to have ended up with any of her results.

Love the song (by Leonard Cohen)....and love the mat....





I want to dive deep into this water.....



The detail in this house mat is incredible -- and it's only about 10" by 15". I think it would take me a whole lifetime of constant fiddling to try to capture this much resolution! And the red tree with the red brick house.....wow!



Sweet little mat of Trish and her sister as children....featured in A Needle Pulling Thread a couple of years ago....I think it was the smallest one (about 10" by 10" or smaller?)