Tuesday, March 01, 2011

welcome to March


I'm very glad that February is over....it is always a crazy busy month for me at work. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I am away more than I am home. 'February' will end a few days late this year – I'm in the middle of a week-long interview trip that has me coming home on Thursday. 7 nights in 6 different hotels is a lot of strange beds....so it will be great to get back to my own cozy bed and maybe even wake up without an alarm for a couple of days.

I'm also eager to get back to work on preparing stuff for the Annual and a couple of upcoming workshops. Although it's a lot of work, it's a fun kind of work that I enjoy doing. I was thinking that I might do some more dying on the weekend, but I've since had a change of heart and think that I should finish off some of the other things that are lying around half-done - like cutting up the many piles of wool that are waiting to be made into Crazy 8s, drawing matrix mat grids onto the backing I cut and zig-zagged over a month ago, and getting my year-end business reports done so that I can do my (yucky) taxes. Oh how I long for the day I feel I can afford to pay someone to take care of that pesky job.....

Soon I will be home and back to doing fun stuff to share. Right about now I am tired of eating out, and even the thrill of Starbucks is waning.

I had a quick stroll through Crate and Barrel the other day though, and saw the tablecloth or runner pictured above.....seeing it instantly made me feel like hooking pussywillows. Not a subject matter you see every day in hooking -- but I think it would be fun.