Friday, April 22, 2011

Pretending


I'm feeling behind on my work....my e-mail*...my reading....my tidying...and the list just goes on, and on....

But I was able to tune most of it out this afternoon, while I sat and hooked, and forgot about all of the chaos happening around me -- or not happening, as the case may be. Truth be told, I needed to finish up this little sample mat as a part of my display (for next weekend's OHCG Annual)....but compared with several of the other dodged tasks on my list, it was very much at the fun and easy end of the scale.

I started it a couple of weekends ago, at Patti Armstrong's workshop. It was about 1/3 hooked before I started working on it again today. Wanting to play around a bit with adding in some wool strips in addition to the sari ribbon and silk yarn, I mixed things up a little bit on the bottom half....


I can't really decide which half I like better. The top half (all silk) has a very old look to it, with the unusual combination of colours and the feeling of 'anything goes' .....but I think maybe the textures of the bottom (with the wool) is more my style. Perhaps the unusual texture of the silk is better showcased in the bottom? Regardless, it reminds me that a little can go a long way....

* If I owe you an e-mail, I promise to get back to you before I head north tomorrow morning, to visit my family -- and really just do a lot of nothing for two whole days, but cook, eat and hide candy. I can hardly wait! :-D But first, I must get that inbox back down to zero...