Wednesday, May 25, 2011

progress report


The more I think about my chosen border, the more I think that it was the simplest thing to do. Since each square is so small (3"), it doesn't really take a lot of wool.....so I will be able to use up lots of small pieces -- and I won't have to worry about running out!

The little checkerboard stands out a bit, but I think it needs to....and it really is very skinny in comparison with the overall size of the rug.

I think the biggest challenge will be floating the colours across the whole piece.....and keeping up the momentum to hook all 670 3" square....

P.S. I'll resume posting my weekly updates on Jumbo's progress, starting next Monday. I took this quick snap to share with a couple of friends and figured I might as well post it at the same time....