Sunday, May 15, 2011

random bits and pieces...

I don't know what happened to Blogger on Friday, but at some point in the day I realized that my previous post was AWOL. With much relief, I discovered it was magically back again on Saturday....although there are a few missing comments that never seemed to make the trip back from cyberspace. Sorry about that.....I have no idea what happened or why.
• • • • • • •
R.U.G. on Saturday was a fun day. Lots of great rugs, good conversation and yummy treats. I even took a few photos to share this week! :-D
• • • • • • •
I have had few questions about the finished look of my new finishing method, so here is a quick snap....

Hopefully it makes a little more sense now.
• • • • • • •
We battled the black flies and started setting up our family campsite today. Luckily they weren't yet biting, but all the same, the pesky beasts were about enough to drive you insane when the wind was absent. After lots of raking, levelling, hauling, debating, and repeat applications of Off!, we settled on a new layout for this summer and set up our kitchen in a new location.

My new tent arrived last week and I set it up this afternoon. It's quite a bit bigger and taller than it appears in this picture.....


We keep our tents pitched all summer long, and camp most weekends....so we like to have a comfortable set-up. I can stand up with a foot to spare inside, and at 10' square, there is plenty of room inside for my double-high Queen-sized airbed inside. Hopefully I will be able to have my first sleep in it next weekend....but I already know I am going to love it. And as an added bonus....with no holes in the bottom (yet!), I don't need to worry about any baby snakes getting in, like one did (in my old tent) last year!
• • • • • • •
I started a new knitting project tonight, and I'm excited about how it's looking so far. I will be sure to post a picture when more is done....since I know many people both hook and knit :-D