Monday, May 23, 2011

ready, set, go....


After months of thinking, sketching, and calculating, I spent several hours yesterday, finalizing my plan for the borders on Jumbo. It was a lot more complicated than I had originally thought that it would be....since I had to take into consideration pattern repeats along two different measurements -- and they weren't divisible by the same numbers.

To compensate, I am going to change my grid for a little checkerboard around the centre before I start a wide border of 3" squares....

The new grid is 25% smaller than the main grid (= 3 rows of hooking instead of 4)

So the plan for today will be rolling and prepping Jumbo for hooking, and some actual hooking (hopefully lots). To make it a little easier to manage, I'm planning on hooking the border on the long sides first, and this way the roll won't be so long (since I usually tuck in the unhooked sections on the sides before rolling).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Camping Update...

P.S. I did get camping on the weekend -- and swimming (in an effort to have a little respite from the bugs). I've got lots of bites (both black fly and mosquito), despite liberal and frequent applications of Deep Woods Off! -- and hate to imagine what it would have been like without it.

We all agree that there is a reason why we usually start camping in June....