Monday, July 18, 2011

Dear Blog


Dear Blog,

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you of late. Did you know that it's summer around here? Not only is it Canada's shortest season, we've had some of the nicest weather in years (don't worry, I've crossed my fingers crossed to avoid a Jinx).....so I really want to take full advantage.

Instead of hanging out at home, making and creating, I've been spending more and more time away from home. I've been laying in the sun, swimming in the lake, floating on the water trampoline, eating lots of summer = barbecued foods (bacon cheese dogs are the best!), reading magazines, sleeping lots in my new tent, discovering funny pictures on my iPad (like the one above) when I get home, shopping at the farmers market, gorging on cherries, trying to roast a perfect marshmallow, reading, knitting a bit, and living a new adventure at work, every day (it's our busiest time of year, after all).

Not to worry, it will be Fall and then Winter soon enough and I will retreat inside and have lots to blather about then. In the meantime, I will continue to pop in when I can, if I have anything of import to say.....and I'll try not to feel too guilty about the lack of posting on all of the other days.

Back soon,

love, me xxoo

P.S. Mum and I had a quiet day at the beach and went for a nice paddle boat ride around the lake on Saturday. Hopefully these snaps will help to explain my absences....