Monday, August 01, 2011

beaucoup*

A few weeks ago, at the local Muskoka Arts and Crafts Summer Show, I was fortunate enough to meet Arounna of Bookhou. Mind you, I had heard so much about her from Christine, that I almost felt as though we already knew one another, but it was wonderful to meet her and see all of her lovely work. I purchased a few things - a tea towel for me and some other gifts for others - and we got to talking.....

Somehow the topic of my coin purses and a possible trade came up. I sent her some pictures a week or so later, and I was thrilled to receive a parcel of wonderful items in the mail on Friday. Sometimes Canada Post can be super speedy -- both of our parcels were delivered the very next day! I can't share everything - again some are gifts for OP, but here is a peek at the things I am keeping for myself....


It's a step in the right direction towards my desire to have a home filled with only things made by hand. The tea towels are all washed and ready to be put into action....definitely the nicest set I've ever had! I still have to decide what is going to go in the storage tote. Perhaps some knitting - I am in between projects, after all! :-)

Trading seems to harken back to an earlier time, when bartering was commonplace. People exchanging goods in lieu of cash. It also reminds me of all of the unique gifts my mum would give at Christmas -- products of her own trades when she was doing the craft show circuit and items that she would likely never have purchased with money, regardless of how much she may have loved them. It's such a win:win scenario. I hope there are more trades in my future....


* not sure if I'm right, but that's how I imagine sounds when spoken aloud....

P.S. Underneath the items is the beginnings of my iPad Sleeve, version 2.0